Dery hired a group of women to help harvest maize this year. Here they are in action. Unbelievable how well they can balance those bowls of maize! Daily wage for women: 2GhC or about $1.50 plus lunch.
Get updates by E-mail
- Margaret Masbayi on No Such Thing as a Free Lunch
- One Mean Question | Fail Forward on The Development Sector is Achieving Failure
- Bonnie Foley-Wong on The Impact Model Canvas – Intro and Value Propositions
- You lost me at market facilitation | A lot of stories on Market Facilitation in Five Words or Less
- First but not really the first | A lot of stories on Market Facilitation in Five Words or Less
From the Field
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Hi Ben!! Nice short video. Did you get to harvest as well or were you too busy holding the camera ;P
It’s really great to be alongside you in those moments. Thanks for sharing!
I hope the new JFs get to see some harvesting first hand.
I remember most people planting seeds at the end of the summer when we were close to leaving. I forget, is early May harvest season for most crops?
Pingback: Development Digest « What am I doing here?
That was really cool to see thank you! I’m also anxiously awaiting the next installment of your team’s strategy and the Impact Model and shift in thought.